Arbutus Recreation Center - LEED Gold!
Friday, April 1st - 2011
The Arbutus Librar/Senior Center and Recreation Center, built by Dustin Construction, have received its final LEED Certification from the USGBC. The Library / Senior Center building received the Silver Rating and the Recreation Center received the Gold rating. This is Dustin's first Gold rated LEED project!
Some of the most noticeable achievements of the Recreation Center include:
- An annual energy savings of 42.7% and a cost savings of 35.5% over the conventional ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refridgerant and Air-conditioning Engineers) standard
- A 100% reduction in potable water use for irrigation
- A 48% reduction in potable water use for interior building fixtures
- 76.01% of the construction waste generated by the proejct was diverted from landfills
- 34.44% of the total building products contained recycled content
- 3.63% of the total building products were rapidly renewable materials
- 94.04% of the wood used in the construction of the buildings was harvested from sustainably managed forestry
« More News